What is the Dark Web?
The Dark Web is a hidden universe contained within the “Deep Web”- a sub-layer of the Internet that is hidden from conventional search engines. Search engines like Google, BING and Yahoo only search .04% of the indexed or “surface” Internet. The other 99.96% of the Web consists of databases, private academic and government networks, and the Dark Web. The Dark Web is estimated at 550 times larger than the surface Web and growing. Because you can operate anonymously, the Dark Web holds a wealth of stolen data and illegal activity.
Are Your Digital Credentials For Sale on the Dark Web?
Introducing DarkWeb Monitoring from IDAgent
Compromised emails daily. We will notify you when any of your credentials are found on the DarkWeb.
Online criminals can hide from you….but they can’t hide from VADA Solutions, Dark Web ID Monitoring
Dark Web ID from ID Agent is the industry’s first commercial solution to detect your compromised credentials in realtime on the Dark Web. Using a proprietary technology, Dark Web ID vigilantly searches the most secretive corners of the Internet to find compromised credentials associated with your company, contractors and other personnel, and notifies you immediately when these critical assets are compromised, before they are used for identity theft, data breaches or other crimes.
Digital credentials such as usernames and passwords connect you and your employees to critical business applications, as well as online services. Unfortunately, criminals know this — and that’s why digital credentials are among the most valuable assets found on the Dark Web. The Dark Web is made up of digital communities that sit on top of the Internet, and while there are legitimate purposes to the Dark Web, it is estimated that over 50% of all sites on the Dark Web are used for criminal activities, including the disclosure and sale of digital credentials. Far too often, companies that have had their credentials compromised and sold on the Dark Web don’t know it until they have been informed by law enforcement — but by then, it’s too late.
The more information you collect, the more valuable it becomes. Extensive logging and reporting capabilities allow us to track and triage incidents and create effective policies and procedures to minimize risk in the future.
It’s not enough to simply be ready, you need to be ahead. The platform allows us to see industry patterns long before they become trends, and offers the intelligence to keep you, your employees, and consultants more protected.
Attacks on networks may be inevitable, but they don’t have to be destructive. Proactive monitoring of stolen and compromised data alerts us when a threat is detected so we can respond immediately.
How Dark Web ID Protects Your Business
- Delivers the same advanced credential monitoring capabilities used by Fortune 500 companies to companies of your size.
- Connects to multiple Dark Web services including Tor, I2P and Freenet, to search for compromised credentials,
without requiring you to connect any of your software or hardware to these high-risk services directly.
- Proactive solution provides real-time awareness of compromised credentials before identity theft or data breaches occur.
Why It’s Important
- Compromised credentials are used to conduct further criminal activity, such as data breaches of sensitive corporate information, as well as identity theft of individual employees.
- Users often have the same password for multiple services, such as network logon, social media, online stores and other services, exponentially increasing the potential damage from a single compromised username and password.
- Today, you have limited visibility into when your credentials are stolen; over 75% compromised credentials are reported to the victim organization by a third party, such as law enforcement.